Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A discovery tool that searches most of the University Libraries' collections, including books, journal articles, newspapers, dissertations, music, and video recordings.
Welcome to the UR subject guide for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology! Use this guide to learn more about the library's rich resources in the biochemical and molecular biological sciences -- you can access books, databases, journals, and websites from this page.
I am the liaison librarian for biochemistry and molecular biology as well as many other science disciplines. Please contact me if you need any help with your research!
Background Information & Key Reference Works in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Use encyclopedias and dictionaries to obtain an overview of your subject, an understanding of basic concepts, a summary of key issues, and definitions. Articles frequently include bibliographies and may refer you to other entries on related topics:
- AccessScience (the online edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology)
REF Q121 .M3 2007
- Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology
REF QH575 .D55 2013
- Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology
REF QR9 .S56 2006
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry
REF QD415 .A25 E53 2004
- Encyclopedia of Genetics
REF QH427 .E532 2002
- Encyclopedia of Immunology
REF QR180.4 .E53 1998
- Encyclopedia of Microbiology
REF QR9 .E53 2009
- Facts on File Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology
REF QH575 .F33 2003
- Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
REF QP512 .O94 2006
- Oxford Reference Online
- Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia *
REF Q121 .V3 2008
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology
QP512 .W48 2009
* Also available in Science Reading Room, Gottwald