The first place to check for books on your topic is Books & More (Catalog). Here are some quick tips for effective catalog searches:
If you are looking for books by a writer, use the Author search (last name first) (same for any artist, such as a director, musician, or actor.
If you want books about an author, use the Subject Heading Browse search (last name first).
Here are some search tips for searching by subject heading:
- Motion pictures - this is the subject heading used for all books about film, including film criticism, reference sources, and books about production.
- [Genre] films - searching by specific genres will help you narrow your search, genres include Western films, Experimental films, Silent films, or Documentary films.
- [Topic] and motion pictures - If you are focusing on a specific topic, try searching by linking your topic to motion pictures, for example Feminism and motion pictures, Motion pictures and music, Motion pictures and literature.
- [Topic] in motion pictures - To find resources about topics in motion pictures such as Death in motion pictures, Ecology in motion pictures, Emigration and immigration in motion pictures.
- Motion pictures [country of origin/region] - Search for national cinemas for example Motion pictures China. In the catalog note the official subject heading will be Motion pictures -- China.
Here are some subject headings you may find useful:
- Spain - Civilization- 20th century
- Spain - History - 20th Century
- Spain - Politics and Government
- Spain - Social Life and Customs- 20th century
- Popular culture--Spain--History--20th century
- Art, Modern--20th century--Spain
- Spanish literature--20th century
- Motion pictures-Spain-History
Of course, you can also use keyword searches. The Subject seach on the Advanced Search page is especially useful.