Periodical indexes will help you locate book reviews. In order to locate a book review you must have the following information, which can be found on the back of the title page or the library catalog
- Author's full name
- Full title of the book
- The year in which the book was first published.
Once you have this information:
- Choose an appropriate index based on dates covered, subject of book, and type of review wanted.
- Online Indexes will often include full-text or link you to a full text source. If the full text is not available electronically, write down each citation completely.
- When using a source published annually (i.e., a print index), begin with the volume for the year the book was published.
- If a review is not listed in this volume, you should check at least four successive years since reviews may be published a few years after the book's release.
- Consult several reviews of the same book for a more balanced assessment.
- Search Journal Locator and the UR Library Catalog for the journals in which the reviews were published.