Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ZoteroBib is a free service that helps you build a bibliography instantly from any computer or device, without creating an account or installing any software.
Zotero is a citation management tool that allows you to keep all of your citations in one place and cite them automatically in any style you prefer!
Step 1. Download Zotero & install the browser plug-in.
- Visit www.zotero.org and click on the DOWNLOAD NOW link.
- Desktop/Laptop: Download free-standing software for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux. Once you have installed the software, also download a connector for your browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari).
- Browser Plug-in: Zotero Plug-in's are called "Connectors" Zotero Connectors automatically sense content as you browse the web and allow you to save it to Zotero with a single click. You'll know you have successfully installed the Zotero connector/plug-in when you see Zotero icons appear in the top right-hand corner of the browser window. Remember that to use Zotero, you need to have the Zotero software up and running while you are searching in your browser.
Step 2. Open up the Zotero software, and then switch to a web browser.
- While searching, if you wish to grab citation information for something on the screen, look for icons at the right end of the address bar. If Zotero recognizes a single citation it displays an article (piece of paper) or book icon; if Zotero sees a list of citations, you will see a folder icon.
- If you see one of these icons, click on it. If you click on a folder icon, you will have to select from a list. A message will briefly flash in the bottom right-hand corner telling you the citation was saved to Zotero.
For more information on how to create citations and bibliographies and how to add Zotero to Word or Google Docs. Please see the attached Quick Guide.
Zotero Quick Guide Link
Exporting into Zotero from PyscNet (PsycInfo)
- Highlight (select) the Zotero records that you wish to export.
- Right-click on the selection and, from the menu bar, select "Exported selected items".
- For the Export format choose RIS
- After exporting from Zotero, within RefWorks from the References pull-down menu select Import.
- Using the pull-down menu set the Import Filter Data to RIS Format, from the Database pull-down menu select RIS. Browse to locate the saved txt file. Then click Import.
- To view your imported items click the view Last Import Folder button.