From Boatwright Library's inclement weather policy:
"If Linda Fairtile can arrange student staffing for the Music Library, she should do so for as much of the regular schedule as possible, consistent with Boatwright Library’s opening time. If student staffing cannot be arranged through the scheduled closing time, then the Music Library should close early and student workers should post signs conveying that information."
Translation: even if the University closes, the Music Library remains open, as long as we can keep it staffed.
If the University closes due to inclement weather, and the Music Library is also closed, all regularly scheduled student employees will be paid for the hours that they are unable to work due to closure. These hours should be entered into Banner as if you had worked.
International students who are employed by any department on campus, including the Music Library, need to follow a few additional employment rules due to their citizenship status. Some pertain to documentation and others govern how many hours they are permitted to work. This is all detailed on the Student Employment website
The Music Library has three iPads that can be borrowed for two weeks by current UR students, faculty, or staff. Only Linda or Melanie can check out an iPad to a borrower, but everyone can accept and check in a returned iPad. However, the iPad must be reset in the presence of the person who is returning it, because his/her Apple ID password is required to complete the reset. To reset an iPad, please follow these steps:
1. DO NOT LET THE BORROWER LEAVE UNTIL YOU HAVE RESET THE DEVICE.
2. Turn on the iPad and access the main screen (the four-digit lock code should be 1234. If it’s not, then ask the person to enter their code)
3. Open “Settings” (the gray icon that looks like a gear)
4. On the right side of the screen, scroll down to the bottom and select “Reset”
5. Select “Erase All Content and Settings” (the second option in the list), then ERASE and ERASE again
6. Hand the iPad to the person and ask them to enter their Apple ID Password. If they have forgotten it, they can create a new one at http://iforgot.apple.com
7. The iPad will then reset and you can discharge it and return it to the cabinet with its charger
If you run into any problems or you forget to reset the iPad before the person leaves, please notify Linda and/or Melanie.