Skip to Main Content
Includes overviews of poets’ work and links to poems broadly categorized by topic.
From the Academy of American Poets
A non-academic site that offers the work of both professional and amateur poets.
In Printed Anthologies
The PN1021-PN1022 section on level B-2 of Boatwright Library contains printed indexes to poetry in anthologies. The most comprehensive is called Granger's Index to Poetry; later volumes are called Columbia Granger's Index to Poetry. To use these volumes, you need to follow multiple steps (courtesy of Marcia Whitehead, Humanities Librarian):
- Go to the "Subject index" at the back of the volume and look up your subject
- Find poems whose titles sound promising
- Go to the "Title, First line, and Last line index" and look up the poem(s) you picked from the subject index.
- Jot down the abbreviation for the anthology in which it's included.
- Go to the "List of Anthologies" at the beginning and find the abbreviation, and get the title of the anthology.
- Look up that book title in the library catalog to get your hands on the book.