Skip to Main Content
Zotero & Zoterobib
Zotero is a free citation management tool that can automatically import citations into your personal account, organize sources into folders, and generate bibliographies in a variety of citation styles. It also includes a word processor plugin for formatting footnotes and parenthetical citations.
Visit www.zotero.org to download Zotero and to learn more about its use.
ZoteroBib is Zotero's quick cite tool for use if you're only creating a simple bibliography.
Go to the Citing Sources Research Guide to learn more about Zotero or other bibliographic management tools.
General Information on Citing Sources
- Always check with your instructor to know which citation style is required for your class.
- Chicago/Turabian, APA, or MLA are the primary citation styles.
- Use the library's Research Guide on Citing Sources for information on different citation styles and UR's citation management tools.
- Use Zoterobib if you have a short bibliography but need help in putting it into a correct format.
- Use Zotero (or another citation management tool) if you have a longer bibliography and/or have time to learn a more sophisticated citation management tool.